Project

Perform and complete a content inventory in an effort to improve existing tables.

Methodology

I went through the software, reviewed over 150 different data tables, and documented all issues and inconsistencies. I then completed an audit to illustrate what needed to be added, considered, or removed.

Skills Used

  • Contextual inquiry
  • Excel  
  • Illustrator
  • Sketch
  • InVision

Problem

Redundant content

The existing datatables were not easy to use due to an outdated systems and design inconsistencies. The tables needed to be the redesigned but we needed to understand and document the pre-existing content first.

 


Actions

Content inventory

I inventoried every page that used a data table and documented any inconsistencies in functionality. While reviewing the datatables, I recorded the reasons for the inconsistencies, and kept thorough notes in effort to better understand the design rationale.

Findings

After identifying many uniformity and usability issues, I compiled everything into a document that was later used as a design guide.

 Content Inventory 

Content Inventory 

 Data vis 1

Data vis 1

 Data Vis 2

Data Vis 2

 Content Audit and design recomondations 

Content Audit and design recomondations 


Results

Once I'd provided my design recommendations to the  UI department, they produced these hi-res wireframes to illustrate the work flow.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 8.49.00 PM.png